West Vancouver Real Estate Stats Allan AngellMarch 16, 2017 by Harvey Kardos
According to Allan Angell’s news letter, here are the facts.
!. Total sales for the year in West Vancouver: 818
2. Best year ever, 1989 with 1201, second best, 2011 with 1166. the worst year, 2008 with 454.
3. Average sales per year in West Vancouver 763.
4 After the first 6 months we had 657 sales, which proved to be the second highest of all time.
5.The last 6 months finished with 162 sales, the second worst ever.
6. sales soared to 152 in February. The market peaked in May and fell to 21 in August and 17 in December.
7. The Real Estate Board told us the market was stabilizing by September and October. In truth, sales were down 38% below the average sales for those months.
8. The August tax of 15% was the last dagger in our back says Allan Angell. The market totally collapsed and all home owners are paying the price with the value of their home dropping substantially.
9. We have 69 sales so far in 2017 compared to 255 in 2016 for West Vancouver and 141 compared to 399 for the west side over the same period last year. These sums are an all time low.
10. Greater Vancouver had 3182 sales for the first two months of 2016 compared to 1323 for the same period this year.
The average number of sales per year for West Vancouver condos is 248. We have exceeded that for the past 4 years. In 2013, we reached 250 sales, 2014 had 257 sales and 2015 was the best year ever at 315 sales and 294 sales for 2016. The fact that the price of houses soared enabled many home owners to buy an apartment. We have 40 sales so far in 2017 compared to 654 over the same period last year.